NCC Tier II/III Technician
Location: Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK,     Department: Operations
Job Number: LH-1201
NCC Tier II/III Technician
Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK
Reports To: Manager, NCC
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This job is responsible for providing advanced technical support on maintaining products and services. The position will perform testing and coordination, use of CLR, vendor management, escalations, and other duties related to maintaining the network. The position will works independently under minimal supervision and perform a wide spectrum of moderately difficult assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation, and judgment. The ideal candidate has a strong internal and external network and may act as a team leader and mentor others.
- Suspend any network activity that places the network at risk.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting/diagnostics to identify problem areas for resolution.
- Run tests, check processes, and assist with repair coordination activities.
- Track trouble resolutions, provides ticket updates and other information to customers.
- Coordinate with technicians and dispatches field technicians to provide maintenance/repairs and service.
- Perform remote testing, coordinates off-net testing, and performs escalations.
- Interact with customers; attends customer meetings, and maintains knowledge of customer needs.
- Gather information and provides network data analysis.
- Provide technical consultation/coaching, and mentoring for technicians and staff.
- Participate in quality control, performance/process improvement measurement and tracking.
- Assist in identifying training needs.
- Provide front-line support on customers problem calls.
- May provide assistance with projects to ensure successful completion.
- Tier II Education Requirement: High School Diploma and 5+ years related technical experience.
- Tier III Education Requirement: High School Diploma and 7+ years related technical experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Computer application skills.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.