Location: Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK,     Department: Operations
Job Number: LH-1104
Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK
Reports To: Manager, Fiber Solutions NCC
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This position is primarily responsible for identifying and isolating network faults and providing problem resolution. Assists customers with segmentation and repair of circuit troubles within our client networks. The technician will be responsible for evaluating the network or customer trouble, performing troubleshooting & isolation, order replacement part(s) as necessary, create a change request if applicable, and work with the field operations staff to initiate final repair. The technician will also support other NCC team members in training, reviewing technical bulletins & job aides to determine equipment firmware upgrade requirements. The technician will perform a critical function within the network repair process and can ultimately impact the NCC’s ability to meet network availability and time to repair commitments made to our customers. The technician will have daily expectations, but are primarily driven by network faults in the Zayo fiber solutions (FTT and private) networks that require a greater attention to detail and management from a technical resource.
- Network Fault Management: Performs transport equipment/EMS fault isolation and repair.
- Customer Trouble management: Accepts customer phone calls for circuit troubles, isolate fault location, and repair fault faults if located on our clients network. Provide regular updates to the customer on circuit status.
- Workload Management: Ensures all appropriate equipment alarms/tickets are being captured. Is actively monitoring the network and effectively transitioning open issues to other NCC shifts, as necessary.
- Materials Management: Creation of part requests and coordination of spare part delivery and replacement.
- Technical Escalation: Is responsible for supporting and cross-training other PN NCC technicians, and escalating to next level of technical support (Tier II, Tier III, vendor) as necessary.
- Network Performance Management: Is responsible for engaging equipment vendor support, engaging Tier II / Tier III support, performing hardware/software upgrades, and validating equipment backups.
- Proactive and Preventive Maintenance: Is proactively seeking and identifying potential network problems and addressing these issues before becoming service affecting events.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Meets customer commitments.
Alarm Monitoring and Response/Network Fault Management
Is actively monitoring network equipment and facilities ensuring prompt response to environmental and potential customer traffic interrupting alarms:
- Alarms will be addressed and documented in trouble tickets with notifications issued to internal organizations, and to customers, where applicable.
- Open/Close Network Trouble Tickets: Is responsible for alarm response and trouble ticket assignment, resolving open trouble tickets, pursuing resolution to closure on all open tickets.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working in a Transport NOC environment and have working knowledge of SONET and DWDM equipment, Ethernet Technology.
- Ability to follow Event Management processes by effectively managing a service affecting event to include fault isolation and troubleshooting, engaging necessary groups or personnel in a timely manner, prompt technical or management escalation and notification, prioritizing tasks, coordination of efforts of personnel or groups, alarm history and research, alt-routing research and implementation, identifying affected equipment and affected customer circuits, accurate event documentation, and maintaining current updates.
- Ability to investigate network outages to determine root cause, and provide recommendations for changes in processes & procedures, or network configuration to prevent recurrence of similar outages in the future.
- Responsible for thoroughly reviewing and understanding parameters of network scheduled maintenance and to authorize, conduct, supervise or monitor network maintenance activities in conjunction with other internal or external groups.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.