IT/Operations – NCC Technician Intern
Location: Tulsa, OK or Westminster, CO,     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1804
NCC Technician Intern (IT/Operations)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Enterprise NCC Technician is primarily responsible for the surveillance and monitoring of a large multinational Ethernet and IP network consisting of routers and switches from a variety of vendors with Juniper being the most widely deployed technology. Applicants should be familiar with common networking principles and Juniper or Cisco routing equipment. The Enterprise NCC technician must also have demonstrated customer service experience and be an effective communicator able to interact with customers both verbally and in writing to troubleshoot and resolve service issues.
- Clean up of automation tools, such as projector and TV displays
- Assist team with basic alarm monitoring
- Assist with first level customer support
- Assist with field dispatches and equipment requests
- Assist with the operations required to run and monitor an ISP
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergrad studying Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Some programming experience, CCNET preferred
- Process oriented, strong analytical aptitude, superior problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork, positive attitude, and willingness to support others in supporting group objectives
- Able to thrive in fast paced environment and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Develop a broad overview of systems and operations required to run and monitor a service provider level ISP
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and un understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
- $20.00/hour for MBA student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.