Manager, Global Compensation
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Human Resources
Job Number: LH-1274
Manager, Global Compensation
Reports To: VP, Compensation and Benefits
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for enterprise level leadership on the design, development, and communication of global employee compensation strategies and programs including the administration of the program at Zayo. This position is a significant contributor in evaluating global compensation solutions that align to Zayo’s objectives in attracting, motivating, and retaining our talented employees.
The Manager, Global Compensation is responsible for assisting with administering corporate compensation policies and programs including calculation of the Performance Compensation Incentive Plan (PCIP). This role will also assist with quarterly sales compensation process and administration, and conduct analysis on internal and external compensation data. Based on the information collected, this role will recommend, develop, and implement an appropriate employee compensation change.
- Create and apply employee incentive plans to maintain and attract talent.
- Manage a team who provides hands-on advice, guidance, and service to internal employees. The team serves as a point of consultation, coordination, and/or liaison to answer employee questions, vendor escalations, implementation, change management and solving procedural issues relating to the compensation program.
- Work with Fidelity on RSU (Restricted Stock Unit) administration and support.
- Partner with others in the department to ensure employee data is accurate and up to date.
- Assist in modeling alternative compensation designs.
- Provide analysis and support for senior management and Compensation Committee requests.
- Analyze industry/peer data and makes recommendations for changes to the Zayo compensation structures based on those findings.
- Provide research and support for health benefit plans and 401(k).
- Assist with and research employee questions to bring to resolution.
- Participate in design and support of Workday compensation automation and administration.
- May prepare special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation, currency rate adjustments, etc.
- Review proposed promotions for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices. Recommend corrective or alternative actions to resolve problems.
- Review requests for new or revised jobs to determine appropriate total compensation grid assignment, FLSA classification, organizational structures, etc. and documents findings
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience; Finance background preferred.
- CCP certification preferred.
- 3-5 years compensation administration or finance experience.
- 2-5 years of supervisory or management capacity with demonstrated ability to lead people and get work done through others within a matrix organization.
- Strong analytical skills and high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of HRIS systems (i.e. Workday, SAP, etc.).
- Familiar with Salesforce data and reporting, a plus.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of compensation practices and laws.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize effectively and work under pressure deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- Detail orientation and the ability to meet inflexible deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prepare various reports in a timely manner. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform a high volume of work with speed and accuracy.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.