Manager, Equipment Partnership
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: IT
Job Number: VB-14007
Manager, Equipment Partnership
Reports To: Director, Strategic Marketing
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Manager, Equipment Partnerships is an evolving role with a broad set of strategy and business growth responsibilities: managing industry networking events and conferences to drive new sales opportunities, partnering with vendors on shared branding and awareness opportunities, building on shared industry thought leadership initiatives, managing Market Development funds for co-branded activities including events, content, sponsorships, and other marketing centric initiatives.
This role will be focused on working with Zayo’s equipment partners and driving Zayo’s value propositions into our partners while working together with the objective to generate incremental revenue opportunities. Through direct interaction and an understanding of the marketplace, the Strategic Partnership Manager, will provide recommendations and sponsor appropriate initiatives with equipment vendors that leverage their industry expertise towards building Zayo’s influence and thought leadership. The ability to develop business metrics, clearly communicate and present findings and recommend action to senior leadership is essential.
This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s product portfolio, network footprint, competitive position and market dynamics. Prior experience and knowledge of telecommunications industry technology and terminology is preferred, as well as proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint being required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM software (SalesForce), leverage our online platform Tranzact and manage workload in a dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Act as the conduit between equipment vendors, creating and implementing a structure and process to ensure relationships are being managed appropriately
- Work with equipment vendors to develop go to market plans. Create tracking metrics and objectives to ensure joint success.
- Management of Market Development Funds earned as well as building yearly GTM, tracking ROI, calendar of activities, sales/product co-branding request processes
- Work with Equipment vendors on co-branding and sponsorship opportunities
- Drive business development activities directly and in conjunction with sales teams and product groups in key geographic markets
- Lead Zayo’s participation & thought leadership in key industry events/trade shows/conferences
- Develop and manage initiatives to drive long-term revenue growth; execute via coordination across Product, Sales and other functions within Zayo
- Ownership of relationships with key leaders in the industry via continuous outreach and engagement
- Define and implement /project manage activities across the company to deliver on growth targets
- Be willing and readily able to flex between tactical execution and strategic deep thinking
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Business or other relevant degree
- 5+ years of B2B marketing experience
- 3+ years of telecommunications industry experience preferred but not required
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively manage a high-volume workload
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and willingness to support others in meeting group objectives
- High energy and motivation; commitment to learning and having fun in an often stressful environment
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.