Manager, Client Service Managers
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Customer Service, Service Delivery
Job Number: LH-1163
Manager, Client Service Managers
Reports To: Sr. Director, Customer Care and Account Receivables
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Manager – Client Service Managers position is responsible for leading a team of Client Services Managers (CSMs), ensuring an effortless experience for Zayo’s highest-priority customers, and driving process improvement impacting their team and organization. This position is key to the continued loyalty of Zayo’s customer base, as well as continued development of customer service processes.
- Leads team of CSMs who are responsible for identifying, investigating and resolving customer questions, disputes, and escalations in a manner that is effortless for the customer.
- Improves CSM skillsets in all functional areas through coaching, mentoring, training and knowledge-sharing.
- Determines opportunities to improve customer-facing process and collaborates internally on completion of those proposed improvements.
- Reports team performance metrics internally, making correction to low-performance areas and resources in real-time.
- Hold low performers accountable and drive improvement.
- Provide career pathing consultation and support development of high achievers and top performers.
- Identify areas of improvement with data, applicable to survey results.
- Develop a strong consultative relationship with internal stakeholders.
- Design and develop system changes in coordination with development resources; benefiting customers and team.
- Lead by example; provide insight and communication to employees in a clear and consistent manner.
- Identify, investigate and resolve customer questions, disputes and escalations in a manner that is effortless for the customer while addressing and preventing downstream events.
- Drive identification of special projects and improvement of case management.
- Produce and manage various reports related to customer service management.
- Create and present service reviews which include network reliability, service delivery, billing and other relevant topics tailored to the customers’ requirements.
- Assist management in creating an environment and culture built around an effortless customer experience, driven by data and process.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University, plus two to seven years customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to answer phone calls and emails in a professional manner, to address internal and external customer needs.
- Efficient with computers and willing and able to learn new software.
- Highly detail oriented, fast learner, ability to adapt and thrive in an ever changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and proven ability to interface cross functionally as well as with various levels of management.
- Possess a sense of urgency with the ability to make timely, creative and sound decisions under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing requests in a professional manner.
- Passion for customer service and delivering an effortless user experience.
- Desire to understand process, identify improvements and implement change.
- Expert level of familiarity with MS Excel/PowerPoint/Word.
- High level of familiarity with coaching methods.
- Mid level of familiarity with project management concepts.
- Mid level of familiarity with service improvement methods.
- Basic understanding of telecom service delivery processes required.
- High level of experience with salesforce.com.
- High level of experience with billing required.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.