Manager, Business Development – IN
Location: Indianapolis,IN     Department: Sales
Job Number: LH-1269
Manager, Business Development
Reports To: VP, Central Region, Fiber Solutions
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Manager, Business Development (MBD) role is tasked with developing, implementing, managing and closing dark fiber solutions opportunities that increase/drive Infrastructure/Fiber Solutions revenue growth:
Complex Deal and Pursuit Support – Assist/lead the direct sales team closing sales of fiber solutions. Includes identifying solutions, providing presentations, developing/supporting RFP response and proposals, and negotiating contracts with larger and more complex deals. Provide insight on competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensure accurate reporting in Salesforce.com. Success shall be measured based upon overall sales performance against targets.
Drive Sales Results – Directly engaging the field sales teams and directors to lead sales pursuits from opportunity identification through close. Role also will drive sales results in accounts tied to strategic partnerships. Through these efforts, MBD will be able to demonstrate robust pipeline and closed business increases quarter over quarter for assigned territory.
Strategic Partnerships – Identify and pursue opportunities individually to partner with utility, government, and education groups who require significant infrastructure support including fiber construction support and may also operate fiber networks in their respective territory. MBD will drive development and support of strategy for leveraging relationships with municipalities and large organizations for conduit and fiber access.
Sales Enablement and Training – MBD is expected to be a subject matter expert on Dark Fiber network in assigned territory on Infrastructure products, market landscape, and going forward market strategy. MBD is tasked with both enabling and driving sales team engagement through education, targeting support, executive level presentation and other tools and methods needed to support the Fiber Solutions organization success in attaining their assigned sales targets. Through these efforts, core customers will clearly understand our product offering, competitive differentiators and value proposition.
- Lead and support role in closing dark fiber solution and private dedicated network sales in their region, working with Regional Fiber Solutions Business and Sales teams.
- Ability to create/consult on solutions for customers needing guidance for their application landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to sell to all levels inside an organization (C-Level and VP/Director level).
- Demonstrated ability to work through regulated companies’ procedures to contract for Infrastructure services.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and negotiate options to sell and/or exchange through asset trade opportunities.
- Ability to use Salesforce and associated dashboard and reporting functionality.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8+ years’ sales, product management, account management, or sales engineering experience including working knowledge of business customer applications in dark fiber, fiber optic construction, and network services.
- Solid understanding of the colocation and data center business.
- Good understanding of the regulated industry (Government, Utilities) process to contract services.
- Solid understanding of the Fiber Services (Dark Fiber, Colocation, Private Dedicated Networks, and Fiber Construction Services).
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
- Understand the fiber business and have worked on fiber lease or IRU contracts in the past.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.
- Successful experience in account management role supporting large business customers.
- Experience working with referral partners and or sales agents.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to resolve customer issues or seek proper internal resources to facilitate resolution.
- Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, and solve problems.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.