Manager, Business Development – Esports
Location: Boulder,CO     Department:
Job Number: LH-1337
Manager, Business Development
Reports To: Director, Media Networks
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This role will support our growing ESports presence for the Zayo Media Networks product team. Do you live, breath, and obsess about gaming? Can you name the top ESports programmers, affiliate organizations, venues, and players without skipping a beat? Are you interested in joining a focused team determined to disrupt established connectivity solutions within ESports by leveraging Zayo’s uniquely capable infrastructure? If this is you, I want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will lead the direct sales team in ESports sales pursuits from ideation through close. Provide insight on competitive landscape, identifying solutions, and facilitate complex deal negotiation. Through these efforts, you will be able to demonstrate robust pipeline and closed business increases quarter over quarter.
Success shall be measured based upon overall sales performance against targets.
- Be the technical expert for the Media Networks ESports solutions, as well as key evangelist for the Zayo brand.
- Demonstrated ability to sell to all levels inside an organization (C-Level and VP/Director level).
- Develop and grow relationships with key industry partners, Zayo sales, and Zayo customers.
- Help define the product’s vision and strategy.
- Ability to make quick transitions between tactical execution and deep strategic thinking.
- Ability to use Salesforce and associated dashboard and reporting functionality.
- 5+ years of business development and or account management within ESports.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Strong understanding of the drivers behind ESports connectivity, game play, and distribution.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.