Manager, Business Development – CloudLink
Location: Denver or Boulder,CO     Department: Sales
Job Number: MR-1114
Manager, Business Development – CloudLink
Denver or Boulder, CO
Reports To: Sr. Director Product Management
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
At Zayo, we pride ourselves in taking a fresh, innovative approach to supporting the world’s insatiable need for communications infrastructure. The successful candidate will be intellectually agile. They will demonstrate the ability to jump from developing key stakeholder relationships, to high-level strategic discussion, to tactical marketing execution and new product evangelization.
This role will support the Product Management effort for the Zayo CloudLink product line and will be charged with growing the contribution of the product group to the broader business. We are looking for ambitious, independent Business Development professionals looking to “disrupt” the telecommunications industry by delivering unique, technology-focused product solutions. Within the CloudLink group, we’re thinking 3, 4 and 5x, not 1.2x. If you think this is you, I want to hear from you.
The Business Development Manager will operate as a subject matter expert on Zayo’s CloudLink solution. This individual will have a responsibility for creating the channels through which sales teams will increase CloudLink revenue growth and supporting sales teams in deal pursuit.
Deal and Pursuit Support – Assist direct sales teams in closing CloudLink opportunities. Includes providing presentations, supporting RFP response and proposals, and participating in contract negotiations. Ensure accurate reporting in Salesforce.com.
Strategic Partnerships – Evaluate as-is partner landscape and opportunities to expand relationships. Participate in to-be partner strategy and support contract negotiations.
Sales Enablement and Training – BDM will operate as a subject matter expert on the CloudLink solution and have a working knowledge of market landscape. BDM is tasked with enabling sales team engagement through education, targeting support, and other tools and methods needed to support the team in achieving assigned sales targets. Through these efforts, core customers will clearly understand our product offering, competitive differentiators, and value proposition.
- Enablement of sales teams including education on product value proposition, market dynamics and customer strategy.
- Support building funnel and driving CloudLink opportunities to closure, working with Solutions Engineers and Sales teams.
- Manage relationships with key industry partners
- A self-starter, able to dive in and affect positive change given moderate oversight and direction
- Operate as an expert on the CloudLink product as well as an evangelist for the brand, both internally and externally
- Minimum 3+ years sales, product management, account management, or sales engineering experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, engineering, marketing, finance, economics or equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of SaaS/IaaS, and Cloud connectivity
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Salesforce and associated dashboard and reporting functionality
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, and solve problems
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.