Manager, Accounts Receivable
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Accounting, Finance
Job Number: LH-1266
Manager, Accounts Receivable
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Accounts Receivable
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Our goal is to recover accounts in a timely, efficient, and ethical manner. We strive to provide flexible mechanisms to sell to a range of customers while ensuring that cash-flow is maintained and exposure to risk is minimized. We are resolved to expect the highest standards of honesty from our Experts and strive to attract and retain productive employees by providing them a stable and fulfilling work environment. Our employees are a major asset in accomplishing our goals.
- Accomplishes accounts receivable human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Direct support to Sr. Manager with team lead delegation.
- Identify and drive team members to peer and knowledge share.
- Participate in high level AR review calls with the ability to articulate disputes, balances, and concerns to executives.
- Knowledgeable support for Legal and Product Leads.
- Utilize reporting to manage day-to-day portfolio via a collections process.
- Identify areas to improve collections process, drive efficiencies, and remove steps for quicker/easier processing.
- Create a daily environment that fosters trust, open communication, creative thinking, and a cohesive team effort.
- Drive decrease in aging portfolio, focusing on decreased DSO.
- Manage the default / soft disco / hard disco process, assuring process is being followed.
- Run and drive account strategy sessions with Account Teams and Customer Care.
- Coach and develop team members and drive career pathing with individuals; help resolve peering issues, provide knowledge, advice, and problem solving techniques.
- Focus on customer service and solve collection prohibiting issues; work with customers to resolve escalated disputes and facilitate timely payments.
- Create and provide regular training sessions.
- Collaborate with Care Teams on specific customers issues to improve experience.
- Prepare in-depth customer account reconciliations and statements of account.
- Ensure full research is provided for cash applications, improving time to apply and integrity of applications.
- Coach and mentor AR Experts, including Lead.
- Weekly and monthly reporting for management and business.
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service, ensuring team members are communicating in an effective manner.
- Meet accounts receivable operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements
- Collect accounts by contacting customers referred by clerks; investigating circumstances of non-payment; negotiating and resolving conflicts; expediting payment.
- Update receivables by coordinating and monitoring daily sales order processing and bank remittance transactions
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls
- 7+ years in Care, Accounting, Finance or Collections.
- Foreign language fluency a plus; French, Spanish.
- Ability to answer phone calls to address customer needs with escalation concerns.
- Manage the A/R aging with At Risk 90 day Category.
- Experience managing a team.
- Efficient with computers.
- Highly detail-oriented, fast learner, ability to adapt and thrive in an ever changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing requests in a professional manner.
- Passion for customer service and delivering an effortless experience.
- Desire to understand process, identify improvements, and implement change.
- Accounting experience a must.
- High level of experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Experience in Customer Care a plus.
- Experience with Oracle.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.