SONET Tier III Technician
Location: Tulsa, OK or Denver, CO,     Department: Engineering
Job Number: MR-1068
SONET Tier III Technician
Tulsa, OK or Denver, CO
Reports To: Director, Sonet Engineering
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This individual will be responsible for the deployment and implementation of all new network builds and network augments. This is an individual that will be considered a subject matter expert and will remotely implement and commission new network equipment as well as ensure proper commissioning. You will be responsible for advanced technical support of the network and provide in-depth analysis of critical network issues as well as be a mentor to less experienced technicians.
- Provision new equipment and circuits; build circuits logically, test circuits with customers and local field techs.
- Install circuits using SONET, SDH, and GIGE.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, as well as assist technicians with troubleshooting and technical questions regarding circuit installations.
- Maintain guidelines for removing and implementing facilities within a transport network.
- Partner with the network control center (NCC) to monitor and ensure accepted equipment continuously & increased network capacity.
- Five (5) years of telecommunications experience with an understanding of SONET and DWDM services
- Knowledge of circuit provisioning – DS1 to 100GIG DWDM services
- Familiarity with the following products
- Fuji (7420, 7120, 4500, 4100)
- Infinera (DTN,ATN)
- Ciena (6500, 5200, 4200, 3500, CPL)
- Cyan (Z77,Z33,Z22)
- Strong interpersonal skills to support leadership, management, negotiation and problem-solving functions of this role.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.