Location: Denver,CO     Department: Access Planning, Engineering, Service Delivery, Transport
Job Number: BD-1003
Reports To: Director Tier III Engineering
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
To coordinate maintenance, grooms and operations activities across the Zayo Fiber Network.
Responsible for “What” work gets planned and scheduled to ensure equipment reliability and “When” work gets scheduled to ensure process reliability.
- Daily review of new work notifications including understanding the scope, screening for quality.
- Lead daily and weekly scheduling meeting to review work completed previous day/week, work being done and finalize the next work day/week.
- Review the backlog and keep within manageable limits
- Post daily schedule for Core Engineering each day to ensure communication of work to be accomplished and that required equipment has arrived prior to maintenance work starting
- Ensure work orders are reviewed and prioritized
- Provide feedback to originators if work will not be done or if a work request needs to be written better
- Ability to audit key procedures
- Ability to work with the whole team to have one prioritized list for planning and scheduling.
- Ability to create and maintain success/fail reporting
- 4 Year College Degree in Engineering or equivalent Telecom Network Experience
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools including MS Visio. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus. Knowledge of GIS-based platforms is a plus
- Ability to correspond effectively with a variety of functional teams and strong interpersonal skills for supporting cross functional teams
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and the ability to function independently of supervision
- Proficient analytical, organizational, and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize assignments
- Basic knowledge of Fiber Network Design preferred
- Work experience within Telecom Industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to utilize database management software system
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.