Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Engineering, Operations
Job Number: MR-1029
Reports To: Director, Network Management
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the overall management and day to day operations of the Zayo network maintenance activities. These responsibilities include documenting the network maintenance process, processing maintenance requests from internal and 3rd party organizations, identifying the impact to customer services created by the maintenance activities using inventory records and logging into SONET and DWDM equipment to verify, notifying customers of the expected impact and duration through formal maintenance notifications, and when necessary, re-provisioning customer circuits to mitigate impact as a result of maintenance activities.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Zayo network maintenance process including scheduling network maintenance activities, identifying customer impact using inventory systems and by logging in to SONET and DWDM systems, issuing notifications to customers of maintenance events, provisioning customer circuits (if necessary), and closing out maintenance activities upon successful completion.
- Interact with customers via written and oral communications, answering customer questions, addressing customer concerns, adjusting processes for customer specific requirements, and generally delivering a high level of customer satisfaction with the Zayo maintenance processes.
- Interact with other Zayo internal organizations to schedule & coordinate maintenance activities, ensure that proper policies are followed, and drive continuous improvement in the Zayo maintenance processes.
- Coordinate with third party providers to Zayo to ensure that they provide ample notification of service impacting maintenance activities, including adequate definition of scope to be performed and anticipated timeframes of service impact. Escalate within management chain of 3rd party organizations when maintenance notifications are inadequate, lacking in sufficient detail or advance notification.
- Work nights and/or weekends as scheduled or necessary by workload or emergency maintenance activities.
- Work well as a part of a team as well as be able to perform as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Great customer service skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to process, documentation, and details.
- Able to multitask and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as the trouble ticketing and circuit inventory software.
- Knowledge of fiber optic network equipment and architectures, including SONET and DWDM equipment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.