Live Video Engineer
Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Engineering
Job Number: MR-1057
Live Video Engineer
Reports To: Director Live Video
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This role is responsible for providing engineering and advanced technical support to deliver and maintain products and services, performs testing and coordination, designs CLR, vendor management, escalations, and other duties. Works independently under minimal supervision. Performs a wide spectrum of moderately difficult assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation, and judgement. Assumes all routine tasks for major or multiple projects, and is periodically called upon to make un-reviewed decisions. May act as a team leader and mentor others.
- Creates engineering specs for installing equipment
- Creates work orders for tasking out to field engineers/technicians.
- Creates purchase requisitions for ordering equipment.
- Creates circuit design records.
- Provides vendor management for both equipment and service providers to include periodic meetings and escalations.
- Responsible for evaluating new software and hardware.
- Responsible for staging and shipping equipment for occasional use services or new customer installs.
- Responsible for reviewing any network activity and rejecting those that places the network at risk.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting/diagnostics to identify problem areas for resolution.
- Runs tests, checks processes, and assists with repair coordination activities.
- Tracks trouble resolutions, provides ticket updates and other information to customers.
- Coordinates with technicians and dispatches field technicians to provide maintenance/repairs and service.
- Performs remote testing, coordinates off-net testing, and performs escalations.
- Interacts with customers; attends customer meetings, and maintains knowledge of customer needs.
- Gathers information and provides network data analysis.
- Provides technical consultation/coaching, and mentoring for technicians and staff.
- Participates in quality control, performance/process improvement measurement & tracking: assists in developing policies & procedures.
- Assists in identifying training needs.
- Provides assistance with projects to ensure successful completion.
- Participates in escalation
- May fill in for supervisor when not available to maintain workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or appropriate work equivalent
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Computer application skills.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Experience with broadcast workflows including occasional use services.
- Experience with signal processing including: video transport, encoding, decoding, transcoding, frame rate conversion, timing.
- Experience with test tools including – waveform analyzers,
- Experience with baseband and ip based video workflows.
- Ideal candidate will have 2 years experience in operational or engineering role with Netinsight equipment or similar video transport equipment.
- Ideal candidate will have 5 years experience creating engineering specs for broadcast services.
- Ideal candidate will have experiences with the following systems: Metasolv, Salesforce, Scheduall, Netcool,
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.