Lead OSS Developer
Location: Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK,     Department: Engineering
Job Number: LH-1283
Lead OSS Developer
Denver, CO or Tulsa, OK
Reports To: Manager, OSS Development
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The OSS Lead is a Sr. Developer responsible for strategic domain system architecture direction, project prioritization, and overall team development supporting automation, correlation, inventory, ticketing, and network triage features and systems. The OSS Lead Developer will work their domain group and NCC to define, analyze, design, develop, test, and support features with the goal of automating value add business processes. Our mission is to provide the Global Network Operations and Product Groups with innovative process and systems support to drive operational capability, efficiency, quality, and scalability to surpass our customer’s expectations at the lowest possible cost.
- Uses business operations experience and knowledge to assist management in setting domain and organizational strategic system direction.
- Coaches and trains domain developers according to best practices with a goal of creating business value.
- Defines solution objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Full stack development expert, with emphasis on business and database tier development in the LAMP, LAPP or MEAN environments.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Supports and develops OSS developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Bachelors’ degree (BS) in Computer Science and or an equivalent combination of education and 10+ years of experience.
- Solid Understanding of Networking Protocols: IP Networking, UDP/TCP, subnetting, DNS, SSL, HTTP(S), SSH.
- Solid Understanding of Network Monitoring Protocols: SNMP, Syslog, and TL1.
- Exposure to software platforms similar to Resolve, IBM Tivoli Netcool, Salesforce.com, and Heroku.
- Ability to build a strong team.
- Proficient in Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Provide after-hours rotational on-call support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective project and time management skills with customer focus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability/willingness to operate in a fast-paced, demanding environment and manage competing priorities.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.