Lead, IP Install/Activations Technician
Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Engineering, Operations
Job Number: LH-1262
Lead, IP Install/Activation Technician
Reports To: Director, IP Operations
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Zayo’s IP team consists of highly motivated technical professionals who are responsible for IP solutions implemented on Zayo’s Tier 1 international network. The team lives in a dynamic, fast paced, customer-focused environment. Team members are self-motivated individuals who strive to exceed both group-level and company-level objectives and goals.
The IP Activations team is responsible for both scheduled and unscheduled customer activations. Ideal candidates will possess working knowledge of Layer 1-3 networks including fiber, optics, CAT5/CAT6, VLANS, MPLS/VPLS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and IPv4/IPv6 networking and configuration. Troubleshooting experience in a NOC environment is a plus.
- Supervise: Oversee daily Install/Activation team operations.
- Collaborate: Provide management with input and suggestions for improvement of process and procedure.
- Resolve: Act as top level technical team escalation point for both future and active customer services.
- Mentor: Guide and influence other Install/Activation team members to develop new skills and become better operators within Zayo’s network.
- Activations: Individual is responsible for managing and completing activation tasks as assigned in a timely manner. This position will focus on new service activations, both scheduled and unscheduled. Participation in a rotating after hours on-call rotation is required.
- Communication: Individual will be expected to communicate with multiple groups and organizations both customer and internal facing.
- Network Documentation: Individual will be responsible for creating and updating network documentation.
- 5+ years’ industry experience.
- Experience managing a team.
- Understanding and experience of layer 2/3 network protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.