Jr. Application Developer
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: MR-1085
Jr. Application Developer
Reports To: Manager, Software Development
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The developer will work closely with the Customer Experience team on developing and enhancing survey functionality using Salesforce and Salesforce extension apps, like Pardot. The Salesforce.com developer will play a critical role in launching surveys to every customer touchpoint at Zayo.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail, and possess a passion for delivering a high quality product for stakeholders. Working selflessly in an evolving and highly collaborative team environment, adaptability and good communication skills are needed. The candidate should be a problem solver, with an eye to the bigger picture and awareness to make decisions in the best interest of Zayo, ultimately taking ownership and responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
We strive to make our tools and processes better. In doing so, we expect an awareness and desire to identify and address problems before they are problems. Curiosity and passion for continued learning as well as good reading and comprehension skills and self-directed learning are needed in this process.
- Support and enhance existing Zayo survey modules including Net Promoter Score surveys and Effortless surveys using Salesforce.com declarative and programmatic development.
- Maintain existing and write new unit tests in Apex to ensure continued operation of functionality.
- Work effectively within the software development lifecycle as an individual contributor
- Take direction easily from more experienced team members, listen to alternate ideas, and discuss the merit of those ideas.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve intermediate issues in a timely manner.
- Take full accountability of written code and practice test-driven development and defensive programming to create a more stable deliverable.
- Recognize, understand, and adhere to existing code patterns within a project.
- Propose and deliver a working solution after analyzing a problem statement by breaking it down into logical components.
- Participate in code reviews and peer-programming sessions and use feedback to learn and develop skills progressively.
- Proactively ask for assistance when hindered by road blocks or requirement issues.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, technical trade school, or equivalent experience in a programming or analytical discipline.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of:
- Algorithms, data structures, data modeling, and distributed systems
- Software development methodologies including overall roles, processes, stages, and value proposition of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Git workflow including general code management, branching, committing and merging
- One or more technologies or programming languages
- A functional business process that an IT system supports
- Ideally, candidate should have experience with:
- Salesforce Declarative Development.
- Salesforce Programmatic constructs including Apex classes and triggers, and Visualforce pages and components.
- Object-Oriented programming and design.
- Good understanding of data structures and data modeling.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.