Location: Minneapolis, MN,     Department:
Job Number: BC1234
Zayo Group’s Allstream Segment is hiring an ITS Technician
Reports To: BTS – Manager Field Service
Technician must be able to complete installation and service of both BST and network services, with advanced knowledge of BST and network products. Employee must be able to act in a leadership capacity in managing small to medium multi-site installations over multiple days while serving as a liaison between customer and the company.
- Program, install and maintain advanced business telecommunications equipment and network services at customer’s location.
- Ensures all work is completed and tested with the customer prior to leaving customer site.
- Ensures timeframes for installation or repair are met.
- Keeps customer and management informed of progress made or issues that arise on job site. d. Acts as a liaison between customer and company.
- Promotes customer satisfaction with company and products delivered.
- Attains high customer satisfaction survey scores as measured through survey scores and customer/peer feedback.
2. Remains in compliance with company requirements for the following:
- Timely and accurate paperwork completion
- Updates dispatch on progress of jobs and closes tickets in timely manner
- Follows inventory control guidelines, including maintaining appropriate levels of van stock and accurately reporting inventory used
- Maintains and safeguards company owned equipment and working inventory appropriately.
- Meets company Personal Appearance Policy requirements
- Meets company policies for attendance
- Meets company safety policy requirements, including use of ladders, climbing, stooping, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing
- Maintains safe driving practices and ensures all driving infractions are reported to management.
- Develops personal knowledge/skills necessary to perform required work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED with Trade/Vo-Tech or two-year degree, or the equivalent in training and work experience.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in the installation or service of two Allstream supported BST products with voicemail, multiple site networking, advanced applications, and PRI/T-1 installation.
- Advanced level manufacturer certification on two Allstream supported products.
- Minimum four years’ experience installing advanced level IP services including installation and troubleshooting experience with firewalls and networking.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use system utilities, Internet client software and PC troubleshooting skills. Ability to receive and/or to be a holder of a Restricted Energy License.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, work semi-independently and to organize and prioritize multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Requires the ability recommend corrective procedures and meet inflexible commitment deadlines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Must possess leadership skills necessary to lead complex, multi-site or multi-day installations in lead tech capacity.
- Can establish priorities and work independently on projects.
- Must hold advanced manufacturer certifications on two company supported BST systems with proficiency in advanced applications.
- Must have ability as measured by supervisor the knowledge and proficiency on advanced applications.
- Skill in operating and maintaining various telephone testing, installation, and repair equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and isolate complex equipment and network issues.
- Maintains a high level, technical knowledge of company’s advanced network service offerings as well as the required CPE for installation.
- Maintains an advanced knowledge of personal computers and Operating Systems.
- Maintains an advanced knowledge and can apply that knowledge of networking elements including but not limited to networking protocols and the most up-to-date technologies.
- Skilled at reading and interpreting technical instructions as applicable to job duties.
- Provide courteous customer service to new and existing customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ensure that scheduled maintenance, routine care and required repairs are performed on their company supplied vehicle.
- Ensure that proper safety precautions and instructions are followed when working with work related tools and equipment.
- Maintain accurate customer related documentation and database information.
- Provide feedback to supervisor regarding our level of service and feedback from customers.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.