Location: Centennial,CO     Department: IT
Job Number: LH-1220
Reports To: Director, Compliance
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for day to day management of the IT environment, including the coordination and oversight of projects relating to system development and/or equipment. The IT Manager is responsible for leading IT projects efficiently and effectively and supporting the company’s users with company communication and IT infrastructure and systems.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Designs, secures, installs, monitors, maintains, and documents systems for day-to-day management of the company servers.
- Develops tools and maintains systems operations procedures, change control records and other required documentation and processes.
- Provides performance tuning, networking, system security, IO monitoring and analysis and troubleshoots all aspects of the operating environments.
- Analyzes security, administers and maintains security audits and reports of sever access and activity; participates in disaster recovery planning per corporate guidelines.
- Collaborates with Corporate IT, Network Engineers, and system user management to assess network capacity needs.
- Oversees the installation, support and maintenance of server upgrades, maintenance fixes and vendor-supplied patches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline, technical certifications a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience with each of the following:
- Linux/Unix installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- One or more hypervisor technologies such as VMware, Windows Hyper-V, or XenServer.
- Microsoft Windows installation/configuration/troubleshooting including MS SQL and MS Clustering.
- Microsoft Active Directory or other LDAP implementation.
- One or more SAN and NAS technologies.
- People management.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux or other Unix based operating systems.
- Knowledge of full breadth of Microsoft products.
- Knowledge and experience with VMWare 4.x,5.x, 6.x and higher including clustering and HA.
- Understanding of Microsoft suite of products including Windows Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory installation and support.
- Familiarity with Windows & Linux scripting technologies.
- Experience with building a clustered system either in Windows or Linux.
- Strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Advanced server hardware and OS troubleshooting skills.
- Must be willing to engage with customer directly via phone, email & ticket on high impact tier 3 support & break/fix requests.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Some domestic and international travel will be required.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.