Install Technician – Waves
Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Operations
Job Number: LH-1252
Install Technician – Waves
Reports To: Wave Install Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for the provisioning, testing, and turn up of wave services across the Zayo DWDM network. Read and understand Circuit Layout Records, Engineering documentation and Vendor support documentation. Responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, and providing problem resolution on the network during circuit installs. Provide customer support throughout the install, test, and turn-up process, ensuring the network and supporting documentation adheres to Zayo’s strict standards.
- Provision, test, and turn-up DWDM services across multiple hardware platforms for Zayo based on design records/diagrams.
- Maintain processes and procedures documentation relating to the provisioning, test, and activation of Zayo Wavelength services.
- Working with multiple internal functional groups including Service Delivery, Outside Plant (OSP), Inside Plant (ISP), Design, Field Operations and NOC.
- Perform service disconnects to free up capacity.
- Perform remote testing, coordinates off-net testing, and performs escalations.
- Interact with customers to provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Work well as a part of a team as well as being able to perform as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Work nights and/or weekends as necessary and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Minimal travel requirements (less than 10%).
- Minimum 3 years telecommunications experience with an understanding of SONET, SDH, and DWDM Networks. NOC environment experience favorable.
- Fundamental understanding of all protocols provisioned (GbE, SONET, Fiber Channel, and others)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the following vendor equipment:
- Fuji (7420, 7120, 4500, 4100)
- Infinera (DTNX, DTC,ATC, MTC, TNX)
- Ciena (6500, 5200, 4200, 3500, CPL)
- Ciena (formerly Cyan) (Z77,Z33,Z22)
- Cisco (15600,15454,15310)
- Nokia 1830
- Familiarity with the following systems favorable:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.