Indirect Channel Manager
Location: New York, NY or Washington D.C.,     Department: Sales
Job Number: LH-1123
Indirect Channel Manager
New York, NY or Washington D.C.
Reports To: VP, Indirect Sales
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Develop and maintain new and existing sales through the Zayo Indirect Sales Channel in the North Central United States. Manage and generate new relationships with key Master and Sub-Agents within this territory. Achieve sales and revenue growth targets by assisting agents in up-selling their base of Zayo accounts and acquiring new accounts. Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals set by the leadership team through aggressive prospecting and selling. Demonstrated ability to succeed in an autonomous environment is key to this role. Reports to the Indirect Channel Leader.
- Generate sales revenue by actively promoting and teaching Master and Sub-Agents which Zayo Networks products and services will be a good fit for their customers.
- Provide proposals and assist agents in managing their customers and prospects though the sales process.
- Grow revenue by penetrating Sub-Agents with little to no Zayo business relationship, through active prospecting/networking
- Maintain current business relationships with key customers, assisting agents in securing existing revenue on long term commitments
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry and services to achieve revenue objectives.
- Identify and initiate contact with key Sub-Agents
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Zayo’s CRM tool and other reporting tools.
- Develop accurate and timely forecast of sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain records of agent and customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts.
- Provide accurate and timely information to management.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure agent and customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Collaboratively work as part of a team while concurrently performing as an individual
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience solution selling into large accounts.
- 2-3 years’ experience within the Indirect Channel.
- Existing relationships with key Master and Sub-Agents within the Northeast United States.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated success & consistency in achieving targeted sales goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong enterprise business relationships.
- Health Care, Education, State/Local Government experience a big plus.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building/maintaining skills.
- Thorough understanding of account management & the strategic selling process.
- Complete understanding of Zayo Networks value proposition, products and services such as Ethernet, Wavelength, IP transport, Dark Fiber, Custom Access, and Colocation.
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.