Global Benefits and Leave Specialist
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Human Resources
Job Number: LH-1273
Global Benefits and Leave Specialist
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: VP, Strategic Compensation
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Global Benefits and Leave Specialist will be responsible for the coordination and assistance with the global Human Resources medical and financial benefits programs. This includes employee benefit programs in accordance with carrier contracts of medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, leave of absence and short term/long term disability plans, workers compensation, COBRA administration and maintenance of employee benefit files.
- Provides assistance and directs the day-to-day administration of the group retirement and health and welfare plans including: participation in selection of benefit providers, communication of benefit plans and plan changes, coordination of open enrollment, collecting benefit plan enrollment and termination forms. Processing of benefit options into the HRIS and submit elections to benefits carriers for processing.
- Manage and coordinate leave of absence programs FMLA/ADA. Subject matter expert, communicate directly with employees and managers, consult with vendor and legal when necessary to make final determination on requests.
- Vendor management and liaison with vender performing FMLA/ADA functions such as employee letter notifications, tracking and FMLA/ADA request analysis.
- Vendor management of COBRA administration provider. Ensuring proper and timely mailings, processing of enrollments, tracking and recording payments and enforcing COBRA laws and regulations.
- Assist with coordination of Short and Long Term Disability plans in compliance with all statutory regulations and company policies. This includes handling inquiries and resolving issues, ensuring benefit coordination and timely notifications to employee and managers, and reviewing reports from vendors to validate appropriate level of service.
- Provide strategic and daily management of all company wellness programs and initiatives
- Workers compensation – complete required forms to insurance provider for claims.
- Assist with managing the company retirement plans and vendors.
- Audit the enrollment database and carrier reports to ensure accuracy in employee deductions and coverage levels. Review health and welfare benefit payments from the distribution fund.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources management to assess benefit cost for benefits consultants, claims administrators, investment managers and trustee.
- Assist with insurance claims and National Medical Support Notices.
- Assemble and update all employee benefit files. Perform file audits on an as needed basis.
- Perform and assist with HRIS activities, including system upgrades, data entry and report generation.
- When needed, assist with preparation and distribution of new employee orientation packets for all company locations; and new hire benefits orientation.
- Form a positive client/service-provider relationship with internal clients so that HR is viewed as a partner in the achievement of business objectives.
- Advise clients on the interpretation of human resources programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, PHR certification preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience performing Human Resources administrative functions.
- Minimum of 2 years of benefit administration program experience required with multiple vendors experience preferred.
- Experience using payroll and HR systems such as Workday preferred
- Prior experience working within a human resource arena, preferably in the telecommunications industry preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with employees in various locations and departments.
- Vendor management experience.
- Knowledge of the IRS section 132 and section 125 healthcare plans.
- Knowledge of HR Systems.
- Effective oral and written communications skills. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong analytical, time management, problem solving, prioritization and planning skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including spreadsheets, presentation and word processing programs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, file management, imports, uploads, and interfaces.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.