Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: LH-1178
Reports To: Manager, Fiber Engineering
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The GIS Specialist role is responsible for verifying / locating on-net buildings within the Fiber Visualization module; identifying / locating missing construction documentation (As-Builts, Design Prints, etc.), assisting in the upload of various construction documents, and supporting the Network Data Integrity team with various, ad-hoc requests. An effective GIS Data Specialist team member will work closely with the Fiber Engineering / GIS teams and become an expert in supporting Salesforce, OSP Insight, & GE Smallword in order to facilitate the development / maintenance of a sound fiber inventory system. In addition, the role will require a solid analytical aptitude, strong problem solving skills, good communication skills, good inter-personal relationship skills, a positive attitude, and a high degree of integrity.
- Verify / update geo-positioning of on-net buildings using GIS-based systems.
- Locate As-Builts and/or Design Prints and assist in upload to OSP Insight, GE Smallworld, and/or Salesforce.
- Assist Fiber Engineering / GIS teams with various, ad-hoc requests.
- In pursuit of a graduate degree in: Geography/GIS, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other fields with surveying/mapping exposure is preferred.
- 1-3 years applicable experience.
- Ability to correspond effectively with a variety of functional teams and strong interpersonal skills for supporting cross functional teams.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools including MS Visio.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Knowledge of GIS-based platforms is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work across functional boundaries.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in dynamic situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives and to keep the “big picture” in focus.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.