Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: LH-1177
Reports To: Director, GIS
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The GIS Developer will be part of a GIS Development team tasked with the goal of integrating Esri into Zayo through web and desktop applications. Esri’s ArcGIS suite of products make up the core of Zayo’s enterprise GIS solutions. This GIS ecosystem along with Salesforce.com and other fiber management tools is core to Zayo’s architecture and fundamentally supports the company’s overall business strategy. The ideal candidate will be passionate about GIS and Application development and have a desire to work in a fast paced environment where skill sets will develop quickly.
- Will be responsible for assisting in transitioning our cutting edge fiber visualization systems from Open Source to Esri technologies.
- Will help manage and maintain an enterprise ArcGIS Online site with a large amount of users.
- Will assist in developing and deploying geoprocessing services for consumption by non-GIS users.
- Will write python and geoprocessing scripts for use by other GIS users.
- Will train non-technical employees in various GIS workflows.
- Will troubleshoot various GIS problems for a user base of over 100 users. Problems include issues with tools, server management issues, issues with processes, and questions about new workflows.
- Assist other teams with various, ad-hoc GIS requests.
- A degree in Geography/GIS or other closely related discipline with a strong focus on geographic concepts and principals.
- 3-5 years of experience; or 5+ years of demonstrated real world experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS suite of products including vector data creation and management.
- Strong IT skills and experience with ArcGIS for desktop, ArcGIS Online, and Enterprise Databases.
- Experience with python scripting, ArcPy, and building workflows and training decks for non-GIS users.
- Needs to be comfortable troubleshooting GIS issues, balancing a variety of demands independently, training issues, and explaining technical problems to non-technical users.
- Solid analytical aptitude and strong problem solving skills are required.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.