GIS Geodatabase Administrator
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: MR-1077
GIS Geodatabase Administrator
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Director, GIS
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The GIS developer will be part of a GIS Development team tasked with the goal of integrating ESRI into Zayo through web, desktop, and portal applications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer application and geodatabase security using Active Directory accounts and established ESRI security levels (e.g., users, groups, roles etc.).
- Develop, implement, and refine commercial off-the-shelf and custom GIS applications, user interfaces, and web services using the latest GIS/web-programming technologies.
- Collaborate with other GIS and IT staff in the design, development, and maintenance of geodatabases supporting the needs of company-wide web mapping applications.
- Develop scripts and routines to automate workflow processes for geodatabase and Oracle spatial tablespaces.
- Collaborate with enterprise IT staff to implement robust backup and recovery procedures for Oracle spatial database, SDE Esri, and restoring system registries as necessary.
- Reconciling geodatabase versioning of multiple users within a robust Enterprise environment.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to staff and customers while integrating all Zayo information systems into efficient and maintainable architectures with the end user in mind.
- Support and configure multiple geodatabase systems that publish and support company-wide web application REST endpoints.
- Perform quality control checks of spatial data within Oracle spatial database architecture and Esri SDE.
- Grant privileges, maintain groups, add users, through Python administrative scripts through database authentications.
- Daily maintenance in Oracle spatial database working in conjunction with the Esri SDE environment, including effective ways of reducing server strain while providing quick response time in database query ability.
- Normalizing geodatabase tables within Oracle spatial relationship and object orientation.
- Familiarity with data types and memory efficiency in data storage best practices.
- Database integration between systems that like Oracle Spatial, SQL Server, PostGRE
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Python, MySQL, PHP is a recommended.
- Provide support for real-time mapping applications.
- Manage and support enterprise-wide ArcGIS SDE databases and related datasets, feature classes, and layers in multiple instances of Oracle (development, testing, and publishing).
- Draft scripts (SQL, Python, etc) to perform database maintenance, system ETL, and monitor/improve database performance and capacity. Identifies; tests; and resolves complex geodatabase and geospatial issues.
- Monitor the landscape of GIS data management plans and design support services to respond to these requirements.
- Participate in geodata repository and data evaluations, metadata creation/updates, data loading, creating geospatial solutions, and troubleshooting as needed.
- Mange versioned editing environments by maintained and executing procedures for reconciling and posting versions, as well as compressing the geodatabase, rebuilding database indexes, and using ArcGIS tools to update database statistics.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, geography, engineering, or related discipline with a background in geospatial databases and statistical geospatial analysis, with at least 3 years related experience. Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the Zayo.
Technical Experience and Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of database and geospatial architectures and data storage technologies
- Familiarity with operating systems, command prompt solutions, silent installs, bat files, task scheduler, Oracle SQL Developer, Linux, Python executables.
- Familiarity with SQL, MySQL, PHP, Linux, Python,
- Familiarity with GitHub, StackOverflow, SourceForge, or similar open source control environments
- Understanding of Database Standards, Best Practices
- Provide effective geospatial solutions within the scope of data storage efficiency, lack of service latency, and provide reliable user integration in web maps that support the entire Zayo Enterprise.
- Experience with REST and SOAP web services
- Knowledge of geospatial concepts and data types
- A detailed knowledge of security best practices and operating system authentication
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, project/process management, and database maintenance skills
- Interest in learning, using, and demonstrating software systems/technologies
- Ability to effectively collaborate and build consensus with a diverse group
- Excellent technical communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Experience with other database DaaS platforms
- Experience administering ArcGIS Enterprise SDE and Oracle spatial databases
- Experienced with geodatabase system tables and relationships, SDE stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer and other equipment on a frequent basis.
- Ability to frequently communicate with coworkers.
- Ability to move about.
- Ability to work across functional boundaries
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.