Finance – Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Intern
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1803
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Intern (Finance)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students who are passionate about a career in the telecom industry. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The FP&A Intern position at Zayo plays a critical role in ensuring accurate and timely reporting of business performance, as well as thorough and robust future financial forecasts. This FP&A function is one of the most high visibility and mission critical roles at Zayo; as such, we are looking for an intelligent, motivated, detail-oriented financial analyst who can hit the ground running and add immediate value. The role provides challenge, variety and reward, and will generally require a significant time-commitment beyond normal business hours to ensure a quality output.
- Support decision-making and strategic planning activities, serving as a key resource to senior decision-makers in the business
- Prepare and maintain in-depth analysis, modeling, monthly/quarterly/annual forecasting and reporting of financial and business performance to support company-wide financial and operational goals, initiatives and objectives
- Develop and implement procedures to manage monthly business analyses with a focus on improving and promoting quality as demonstrated by accuracy and thoroughness of analysis
- Identify and implement processes/models to establish predictability in cash flow management of capital projects
- Assist vendor management in company NetEx workflow process, and Ongoing support in cost assurance and data integrity clean up
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end close and reporting responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of presentations (internal and external) of financial and operational business results and analysis
- Other financial and operational analysis and duties as needed
- Undergrad, MBA or equivalent studying Finance, Accounting preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Process oriented, problem solver
- Excellent internal communication skills
- Gain exposure and improve skills related to financial statements, financial metrics, data analysis, accounting treatments, operational metrics, and earnings supplement preparation
- Develop networking and communication skills by attending high level executive meetings
- Strengthen Excel skills; gain expertise in Salesforce and applying financia concepts
- Understand FP&A in a corporate envirnment
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and un understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
- $20.00/hour for MBA degree student/degree or equivalent
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.