Field Marketing Specialist – East Region
Location: Boulder or Denver, CO or Herndon, VA,     Department: Marketing
Job Number: LH-1193
Field Marketing Specialist
Boulder or Denver, CO or Herndon, VA
Reports To: TBD based on location
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This role is responsible for planning and executing marketing campaigns to generate new prospects and improve client retention in a specific geography. They will work closely with product marketing and sales teams to develop go-to-market strategies by territory and vertical.
- Gather and report competitive intelligence to sales teams.
- Improve forecast performance of business through thorough understanding of underlying demand assumptions.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competition, and new opportunities.
- Develop understanding of product lines, value chains and buying cycles.
- Competitive analysis positioning by market/region
Plan & Design
- Develop quarterly marketing plans by geography. Marketing plans will cover demand generation strategies, regional & vertical event coordination and execution.
- Devise marketing campaigns with the goal of increasing product awareness and increasing funnel development in specific geography.
- Work closely with product marketing, strategic marketing and sales executive teams to create programs.
- Organize and execute marketing and sales programs.
- Organize trade shows and events to market products. These include, but are not limited to, regional conferences, roundtables and webinars.
- Engage with sales closely to ensure campaign adoption.
- Generate leads and drive sales.
- Manage marketing budgets.
- Track and report on campaign success and progression.
- Support all company initiatives, give actionable feedback, share best practices and serve as advocate and information source for company.
- Develop training to inform sales teams of new product or functionality releases through in-person or online sessions as needed.
- Attend regular calls with regional sales leadership to create two-way communication between marketing and the sales organization. Create an environment of transparency and trust between the organizations.
- Act as the point person for outside and partner sales teams within geography.
- BA or BS in Marketing or Business Administration
- 2+ years of event management experience
- Willing to travel up to 30%
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.