Engineering – FTT/PN Engineering Intern
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1833
Fiber to Tower (FTT) and Private Network (PN) Engineering Intern (Engineering)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The intern will be tasked with improving Zayo’s ability to operate the network and support services provided to customers by working with an engineer to create a statement of work for field technicians to perform and through assisting with multiple projects related to sparing analysis, PN/FTT Tranzact graphing enablement, decommissioned equipment cleanup, and PN hardware visibility analysis.
- Review network designs
- Ensure supporting equipment records are accurate.
- Remove unneeded network hardware
- Undergrad preferred
- Understanding of networking basics
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Visio
- Process oriented, strong analytical aptitude, superior problem solving skills
- Strong sense of teamwork, positive attitude, and willingness to support others in supporting group objectives
- High degree of integrity, self-motivated, able to thrive in fast paced environment and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Strengthen understanding of engineering process and procedures
- Gain exposure to industry terminology and technologies
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.