Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: LH-1176
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Manager, Fiber Engineering
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Fiber Engineer will design of physical fiber path across the Zayo network in support of providing fiber-based services. Manage the inventory of the Zayo fiber network through database tracking of fiber enclosures, fiber optic cable, conduit, building data, and more. Position will report to the Fiber Engineering Manager, with regular interaction with the Outside Plant Team, GIS Specialists, Sales Engineering, and Fiber Visualization Specialists.
- Design routes for fiber-based services including Point to point, Ring, and path diverse routing.
- Researches existing databases, files, and records for purposes of network design, fiber optimization, and relocation of fiber facilities.
- Provides design schematics of fiber path and splicing work to be performed for fiber projects, relocation of existing fiber facilities, and restoration of existing traffic.
- Ensures fiber optic database is current and accurate by inputting data of physical fiber assets and fiber enclosures into the data management system.
- Ensures inventory of fiber circuits is accurate by inputting fiber usage data into inventory management database and maintaining information as changes occur.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and professional working relationships with customers both internal and external.
- Organizes workday efficiently to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques.
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
- 4 Year College Degree in Engineering or equivalent Telecom Network Experience.
- 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools including MS Visio. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus. Knowledge of GIS-based platforms is a plus.
- Ability to correspond effectively with a variety of functional teams and strong interpersonal skills for supporting cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and the ability to function independently of supervision.
- Proficient analytical, organizational, and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize assignments.
- Basic knowledge of Fiber Network Design preferred.
- Work experience within Telecom Industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize database management software system.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.