Engineering – GIS Development & Support Intern
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1834
GIS Development & Support Intern (Engineering)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The intern will be tasked with tool deployment and testing to further the development efforts of the team. The ideal candidate is looking to become an expert ESRI developer and has a background in geography.
- Assist with database management and administration
- Complete development tasks to improve tools
- Perform testing
- Provide new ideas using ArcGIS
- Undergrad studying Geography preferred
- Prior exposure to and eager interest in ESRI
- Understanding of ArcGIS and Python scripting
- Experience with Database administration and development methodology
- Strong sense of teamwork, positive attitude, and willingness to support others in supporting group objectives
- High degree of integrity, self-motivated, able to thrive in fast paced environment and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Strengthen proficiencies in python and in understanding of implementation steps
- Develop project management skills
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.