Engineering – Fiber Engineering Intern
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1825
Fiber Engineering Intern (Engineering)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The intern will be focusing on outstanding disconnects tasks in Salesforce and GE SmallWorld in addition to fiber engineering side projects to determine when and if overbuilds are required.
- Process and update systems for the backlog of outstanding disconnects tasks
- Vet disconnects via Salesforce
- Correctly identify affected physical assets/circuits
- Update GIS database and fiber engineering records to show disconnect and resulting prepositioned fibers
- Convert existing circuits into Salesforce integrated Fiber Span Services
- Handle KMZ generations requests from sales/customer accounts
- Create impact lists
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergrad preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite – all else to be trained
- Process oriented, strong analytical aptitude, superior problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork, positive attitude, and willingness to support others in supporting group objectives
- High degree of integrity, self-motivated, able to thrive in fast paced environment and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Develop a basic knowledge of Layer 1 fiber assets and how they are used within Zayo
- Become proficient in navigating Salesforce and piecing together information given in a variety of ways to determine correct solution
- Gain experience in robust GIS data tracking software GE SmallWorld – intern will receive training from fiber engineer and work within the system daily.
- Strengthen project management skills – expected to run with project and have ability to show progress and develop methods independently
- Gain experience working as part of a multi-functional team juggling a number of complex projects needing delivery to numerous internal customer at changing intervals
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.