Dispatcher – Unified Communications-Allstream
Location: Vancouver, WA; Golden Valley, MN,     Department: Business Ops
Job Number: AL121
Allstream is hiring a Dispatcher in Vancouver, WA or Golden Valley, MN
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Works under minimal supervision, both individually and within a team environment. No supervisory responsibility. This position processes a large volume of data. Processing inaccurate data may have a negligible impact on operations. Must meet inflexible deadlines and effectively react to changing priorities. Daily internal contact with employees, specifically within the Operations Department; frequent external contact with customers; frequent external contact with 3rd party vendors.
Dispatcher for western regions (not Minnesota). Dispatch UC technicians to customer sites as requested by UC Repair group or PC/PM (project coordinator/manager).
- Schedule UC SATs for installs as requested by PC/PM.
- Maintain/update schedule and tickets.
- Occasionally open new tickets.
- Work with both in-house and vendor techs.
- Maintain vendor relations and find new vendors when needed.
- Back-up MN dispatch when needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Prime responsibility is to schedule and dispatch all UC and 3rd party Technicians for the field service team.
- Call customers to confirm dispatch schedule unless already done by ticket owner, PC/PM, or 3rd party vendor.
- Update trouble tickets with field info as needed, especially for 3rd party dispatches.
- Interface with technicians or 3rd party vendors to keep records current.
- Back-up MN dispatch when needed.
- Perform other related duties or projects as assigned.
- Data-entry of 3rd party vendor invoices upon receipt.
- Maintain records of invoices for future reference if needed.
- Find new vendors when dispatching to areas without one and help maintain active vendor Excel spreadsheet.
- Support other duties or projects, as assigned.
High school diploma or the equivalent in training and experience. Basic telecommunication and data experience. Limited experience (1-2 years) handling various office procedures, including processing data. Basic computer skills, including spreadsheet, word-processing and database software skills. Detail orientation skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to meet inflexible deadlines.
(The following are position physical requirements as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act)
Requires constant keyboarding work, sitting, hearing and talking, occasional standing and walking, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, walking on uneven surfaces, squeezing and crouching. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of from 1-10 pounds. Close detail work requiring visual acuity. Must be able to perform primarily sedentary work.
Experience working in the telecommunications industry. Experience using Microsoft Office software programs.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.