Director, Waves Product Management
Location: Denver,Colorado     Department: Product
Job Number: CH-0013
This is the ultimate generalist position. The successful candidate will be intellectually agile and able to jump from detailed financial analysis to high level strategic discussion to tactical marketing execution to process improvement. This role will lead the Product Management effort for the Wavelengths product unit. No arms-length “consultative” approach here. Product management is responsible for delivering top and bottom line results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- OWN the commercial success of the Zayo Waves business
- Be THE expert in your product realm as well as key evangelist
- Develop and drive activity to deliver on growth targets
- Be willing and readily able to flex between tactical execution and strategic deep thinking
- Develop effective process and process training to facilitate sales, service delivery and enable revenue
- Product Manager: 5-8 years of product management experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Prior sales experience a plus
- Education: Undergraduate degree with business/finance/economics focus. MBA a plus.
- Effective Communication: Ability to prepare and present complex material in simple, concise communications to a wide range of audiences
- Financial Analysis: Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, and financial analysis
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problem
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team of product managers
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.