Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Product
Job Number: LH-1071
Reports To: Regional Vice President
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Director, Outside Plant (OSP) is responsible for everything that happens and fails to happen in outside plant in given state-wide markets, including but not limited to: interval performance, due date met performance, cost tracking and management, cost actuals versus budget, build quality, reporting accuracy, project tracker accuracy, reporting, communication updates and inter department interface. The Director, OSP is expected to provide direction to in market PM’s, as well as taking a direct PM role in large, high profile projects. The overall goals are to deliver projects on time, on interval, on budget, and in compliance with all build quality and safety standards.
- Meet or exceed at least 80 % of the required OSP project due dates on FTT projects.
- Meet or exceed at least 80 % of the required OSP project intervals on all projects, as outlined below:
- On-net orders – Required interval is 20 days from order submission.
- Projects involving less than 2 route miles of build (excluding projects that involve major highway, RR and/or river crossings/access) – Required interval is 60 days from order submission.
- Projects involving less than 2 route miles of builds where major highway, river or RR crossing are involved – Required interval is 120 days from order submission.
- All other projects.
- Meet OSP project budget within +/- 15.
- Manage all facets of the OSP project – deliver on time, on budget, within quality and safety standards.
- Resolve OSP roadblocks.
- Effectively track, report and communicate OSP project progress.
- Provide early communication on potential due date, interval, and/or budget slips to the OSP functional leadership.
- Participate in project meetings and effectively support the overall project effort.
- Support customer meetings as necessary.
- Develop high-level OSP schedule for each opportunity during proposal and service order generation stages (pre-sale).
- Develop detailed baseline OSP schedule upon project kickoff (using standardized OSP tracker), and maintain this schedule throughout the course of the project. Ensure that project tracker is updated throughout the week.
- Manage OSP RFP/bidding/award in compliance with company procurement policy.
- Review and approve OSP contractor invoices in a timely manner.
- Complete and close-out all assigned ISO tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide as-built drawings to Fiber Engineering upon completion of construction for each segment.
- Ensure test results meet company and customer requirements and deliver such results in an acceptable format with required documentation including pictures.
- Bachelors’ degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in OSP construction with 5 years of OSP project management and supervision.
- In depth knowledge of fiber optic splicing, testing and trouble shooting.
- Strong and effective written and oral communications skills.
- Strong knowledge/ability to work with Excel and working knowledge of SalesForce.com is helpful.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.