Director, Global Benefits
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Human Resources
Job Number: LH-1264
Director, Global Benefits
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: VP, Compensation and Benefits
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for enterprise level leadership on the design, development, and communication of global employee benefit strategies and programs including health, wellness, and retirement programs within Zayo. This position is a significant contributor in evaluating global benefits solutions that align to Zayo’s objectives of offering employee-valued and impactful benefits to employees.
This role will oversee, plan, and direct company-wide global medical and financial benefit programs and processes, as well as Leave Administration in the US and Canada. This individual will assist in design and administration of retirement benefits offered to all employees in Canada, including DC and DB plans. Ensures current plans are up-to-date on all pertinent regulations and fiscal requirements. Working with the HR team, Legal, and cross-functional partners ensuring legal compliance in alignment with company goals and objectives. Responsible for vendor management and Request For Proposals (RFP). Manage the metrics and reporting within responsibility and objectives/goals of the department. Collaborate with other HR functional areas and other departments to manage important data to meet their needs. Ensure compliance with federal and provincial/state EEO laws and regulations.
- Manage companywide health and financial benefit programs, including US self-insured medical plans, vendor management, RFP and vendor selection, budget and plan costs and analysis.
- Oversee retirement and pension administration process. Analyze costing and funding models to provide competitive plans and retirement plan strategies.
- Manage a team who provides hands-on advice, guidance, and service to internal employees. The team serves as a point of consultation, coordination, and/or liaison to answer employee questions, vendor escalations, implementation, change management and solving procedural issues relating to the programs managed by the team.
- Together with team, manage the implementation, HR System configuration, communication and administration of open enrollment. Providing materials, training and working with vendors for printed collateral.
- Manage leave of absence programs in Canada and US including FMLA/ADA, maternity/paternity leave, and support of Workers Compensation administration.
- Management of COBRA or COBRA vender in compliance with Federal laws.
- Support accounting and finance departments with regular pension financial statements and actuarial reviews of the US self-insured plan and Canadian pension plans.
- Ensure safeguarding of confidential information that may be accessed in performance of duties.
- Participate in M&A activities as needed throughout the due diligence processes and onboarding/off boarding of employees.
- Perform other duties or projects as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field and seven to ten years of human resources experience, preferably gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources. Masters’ Degree preferred.
- CCP, SPHR/PHR and/or SHRM-SCP/CP designation(s) preferred.
- 5 years of supervisory or management capacity with demonstrated ability to lead people and get work done through others within a matrix organization.
- A strong background with broad and detailed knowledge of health and welfare benefit programs, ERISA/CRA regulations, employment and leave laws and HRIS systems.
- Must possess strong management skills, be detail oriented, flexible, and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and administrating complex benefits related programs involving change management, financial analysis and system implementation.
- Detail oriented with the ability to meet inflexible deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prepare various reports in a timely manner. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform a high volume of work with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience working within complex HR systems (e.g. Ultipro, Workday, Oracle, ADP, Success Factors). (Preferred)
- Experience using Google Suite and Microsoft Office programs. (Preferred)
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.