Director, Business Development
Location: New York,NY     Department: Sales
Job Number: MR-1112
Director, Business Development
New York, NY
Reports To: Director of Product, Media Networks
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Director, Business Development role is tasked with developing, implementing, managing and closing cross product Media Network solutions opportunities that increase/drive revenue growth:
The successful candidate will lead the direct sales team in Media Network sales pursuits from ideation through close. Includes identifying solutions, providing presentations, developing/supporting RFP response and proposals, and negotiating contracts with larger and more complex deals. Provide insight on competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensure accurate reporting in Salesforce. Role also will drive sales results in accounts tied to strategic partnerships. Through these efforts, you will be able to demonstrate robust pipeline and closed business increases quarter over quarter.
Success shall be measured based on overall sales performance against targets.
- Be the technical expert for Zayo’s Media Network solutions, as well as key evangelist for the brand, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to sell to all levels inside an organization (C-Level and VP/Director level).
- Develop and grow relationships with key industry partners, Zayo sales, and Zayo customers.
- Help define the product’s vision and strategy.
- Ability to make quick transitions between tactical execution and deep strategic thinking.
- Ability to use Salesforce and associated dashboard and reporting functionality.
- 10+ years of business development and or account management within broadcast media.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Engineering, or related field; MBA a plus.
- Strong understanding of the drivers behind a Broadcasters, Distributors, and OTT providers need for network connectivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.