Director, Accounts Payable
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Accounting
Job Number: LH-1316
Director, Accounts Payable
Reports To: SVP, Integration & Financial Systems
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Director, Accounts Payable will be responsible for overseeing the Global Accounts Payable Team. The ideal candidate will possess functional expertise of Accounts Payable functions and provide strategic oversight. The Director will build team members within the AP organization to continually sustain a high-quality, high performing team. Attracting, identifying, managing, and developing team members in a way that motivates people is a must.
- Assist individual AP Managers with human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Communicate job expectations, plan, monitor, appraise job contributions and recommend compensation actions.
- Plan, assess, and accomplish team goals while adhering to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for closing AP periods in Oracle at month-end and clearing any exceptions daily.
- AP Reconciliations including 2000/2026, 1023, 1307, and 2096.
- Manage supplier maintenance and payment processing employees, ensuring that SOX controls are followed as directed.
- Responsible for AR reconciliation globally and providing SOX control aging to accounting/finance teams at month-end. Reconciliations include accounts 1200 (Global), 1274 (US & Canada), 1208 review quarterly (US, UK, Canada).
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or 5 years high volume Accounts Payable experience.
- Advanced Accounts Payable knowledge, basic accounting skills required.
- 2 years management experience; large team (30+) history considered a plus.
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Increase knowledge base by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplish accounting and organizational mission by completing related results as needed.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.