Data Center Manager
Location: Las Vegas,NV     Department: Colocation, Engineering, IT, Operations
Job Number: MR-1195
Data Center Manager
Las Vegas, NV
Reports To: Regional Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Data Center Manager provides an overall focus on positive proactive end-user customer service through phone, email, face-to-face, and Zayo’s internal case management systems. As a member of the Operations Team, The Data Center Manager is responsible for efficient operations of all aspects of the Data Center including Critical Infrastructure and drive both internal and customer compliance to the company’s security standards, including training of Data Center Technicians on best practices.
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal. Answering customer phone calls and emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Build and lead a high performing, geographically dispersed team responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation across multiple data center regions
- Mentor and develop managers and individual contributors, and evolve the staffing model to meet the requirements of a global organization
- Develop and maintain a scalable operations model with a well-documented roadmap, goals, and objectives
- Work with peer organizations to develop solutions for cross-functional issues and support requirements associated with network operations, project management, and supply chain operations.
- Responsible for Cost efficiency, Outage management, Change management and Compliance within Data Center. Evaluating PUE at the facility via the BMS to ensure site if operating efficiently. Recommends, plans and implements equipment needs to improve production efficiency and/or achieve cost reduction.
- Responsible for ensuring all Security policies are being adhered to by all DCT/DCM’s to achieve/maintain compliance
- Develop and manage to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for data center mission-critical operations and Manage facility budget (OPEX/NETEX, etc)
- Responsible for ensuring DCT and DCM’s understand the functionality of the BMS system, zColo’s ERP, provide training resources and ensuring your team understands all zColo Processes and Data Center Regulations/Procedures while managing the day to day duties of the onsite DCT personnel across one or multiple sites
- Minimum of 5 years data center experience and 3 years supervisory experience preferred
- LEED certification not required but a plus
- Responsibility and dependability are a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to train individuals on an as-needed basis.
- People management skills.
- Ability to mentor individuals to ensure employees have the ability to move up in the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience
- Previous experience monitoring critical infrastructure
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- College degree in related discipline preferred
- Minimum 5 years Data Center Operations experience
This position requires the applicant to be able to work any of the shifts as part of a 24X7 coverage rotation. The ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer is required. Work is done in an area where normal office noise and occasional construction noise is present. Dirt, dust, and grease may be present. Work is occasionally conducted in an outside environment such as a dock, on the roof and in equipment enclosures. Duties may involve working outdoors for short periods of time, with potential exposure to typical North Eastern US climatic conditions.
(May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as shift rotations require).
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.