Data Center Manager – Denver
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Operations
Job Number: LH-1046
Data Center Manager – Denver
Reports To: Regional Operations Director
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Data Center Manager is responsible for efficient operations of all aspects of the Data Center including Critical Infrastructure.
- Manage the day-to-day duties of the onsite Data Center Technicians across one or multiple sites.
- Ensure the monitoring of all infrastructure on-site and escalate as needed to various departments within the organization.
- Work jointly with the maintenance team to develop, schedule, and monitor a preventative maintenance program to keep equipment in proper working condition.
- Ensure site is kept clean at all times.
- Plan and implement continual work schedule to maintain Company property in a safe and healthy condition to achieve the best working conditions possible for all employees.
- Oversee and coordinate activities of contractors engaged in the maintenance of electrical and mechanical systems. Inspect all work performed by outside contractors/ vendors at completion and ensure that standards of workmanship and safety are maintained. Report back to the maintenance group that all work was completed and forward all paperwork to the appropriate individuals for record keeping.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all customers/clients at their facilities.
- Recommends, plans, and implements equipment needs to improve production efficiency and/or achieve cost reduction.
- Manage/evaluate PUE at the facility via the BMS system to ensure facility is operating efficiently.
- Oversee all infrastructure related construction projects managed by other internal teams and built by local contractors
- Work with customers upon move-in following construction of their environment.
- Ensure all security policies are being adhered to by all DCT’s to achieve compliance.
- Closely monitor all components of infrastructure through the BMS system to identify and report any problems, resolve issues when possible, or engages appropriate internal team members when necessary to try and troubleshoot.
- Training of all DCT’s to understand the functionality of the BMS system so they can react accordingly to any unexpected issue at the site.
- Responsible for the purchasing/ordering of all consumables needed at the facilities, including customer order needs and tools for installations.
- Training of all DCT’s on Company’s Emergency Response Procedures and monthly testing of all DCT’s to ensure they understand all protocols.
- Manage weekly work schedules for 24x7x365 coverage as well as an on-call list in the event personnel need additional support.
- Ensure video surveillance system is operating and that DCT’s are monitoring the facility 24/7/365.
- Assist with daily operational duties including shipping and receiving and facility walkthroughs.
- Assist in response to infrastructure related events (power, cooling, etc.).
- Manage break/fix issues around the facility.
- Facilitate bringing in mechanical or electrical contractors to repair any immediate needs.
- Help support customer needs on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years data center experience and 3 years supervisory experience.
- LEED certification not required but a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to train individuals on an as needed basis.
- People management skills.
- Ability to mentor individuals to ensure employees have the ability to move up in the organization.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.