Cyber Security Analyst III
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: IT
Job Number: LH-1314
Cyber Security Analyst III
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: IT Network Security Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Security Analyst III is responsible for planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks, and data at Zayo. This role manages the Information Security program, including handling routine information security investigations, reporting, monitoring, and improvement efforts.
- Maintain firewalls, proxies, and network security tools.
- Define, implement, and maintain corporate security policies.
- Perform scanning, assessments, and risk mitigation of networks, systems, and services.
- Support, enhance, and create automation for security monitoring and alerting.
- Manage and support security applications.
- Provide recommendations and standards for securing systems and services using ISO and NIST security guidelines.
- Participate in and provide security awareness training.
- 5-7 years’ of practical experience in a Security Analyst or Security Administrator role.
- Extensive experience in network security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, content filtering, DDoS mitigation, Data Loss Prevention, Network behavior monitoring and SIEM report generation.
- Working knowledge of security frameworks and governing bodies such as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Experience with technical concepts like regular expressions, data normalization, and correlation.
- Experience with open source security and network solutions.
- Experience and willingness mentoring junior staff members.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.