Customer Operations Manager
Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Customer Service, Operations
Job Number: MR-1026
Customer Operations Manager
Reports To: VP, Service Delivery
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Customer Operations Manager will also be responsible for creating reports and dashboards in Salesforce to reflect performance in each specific area of interest, and routinely meet with customers to perform service reviews in which the Customer Operations Manager will report on Zayo’s performance and corrective action plans that are underway. The Customer Operations Manager will also be responsible for managing any special projects related to his/her assigned accounts related to service improvement initiatives, and serve as a customer advocate to address any questions or concerns raised by customers.
- Developing a set of measurable metrics to monitor Zayo performance in all areas of engagement with large/strategic customer accounts
- Create Salesforce reports and dashboards to review Zayo performance
- Analyze areas of performance with Excel pivot tables and other analytical tools
- Create customer presentations using Microsoft Powerpoint
- Proactively act upon any areas of performance concern, driving performance improvement through changes in systems, processes, or other areas as necessary
- Project manage “special projects” related to large/strategic accounts. Example projects include audit of fiber routes or circuit provisioning, or billing audits to account for all billable services for a specific customer
- Serve as a single point of contact for customer questions and concerns, reaching out to other internal organizations (e.g. Sales, Billing, Operations, etc) to resolve customer inquiries.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to perform service reviews; meetings will most often be via teleconference / GotoMeeting but will occasionally require travel to customer locations
- 5+ years’ in a customer service role within a telecommunications company
- High level understanding of end to end process for the quoting, installation, billing, and service management of customer services in a carrier telecommunication network
- High level understanding of SONET, Wavelength, Ethernet, IP, and Fiber based services
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office products with extensive experience in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Excellent customer service skills with demonstrable experience
- Strong verbal and written communications, with the ability to speak to executive level personnel within large telecommunication companies and present to groups of up to 20 people.
- Self initiated to gain the knowledge necessary to perform job duties at a high level in a rapidly changing environment.
- Solution oriented analytical problem solving skills.
- Willingness to drive towards a goal and do what it takes to get a job done, which may include off hours and weekend work.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.