IT – Cloud Intern
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1806
Cloud Intern (IT)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Cloud Data Intern will be working on several large data-related projects which may include but are not limited to: assisting with migration from an old legacy Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to a new one; finding and updating all Cloud assets into CMDB and into Salesforce; reconfiguring embedded base of services using new CPQ SOC/SOI Formats; and/or help with Acquisition Data Migration.
- Ensure information is protected and backed-up
- Monitor database performance
- Perform troubleshooting
- Support and maintain infrastructure
- Undergrad preferred
- Experience in database management
- Posses business intelligence
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Exceptional organizational skills and analytical thinking abilities
- Self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Excel, Access, Salesforce and any coding languages a plus
- Understand how a large company operates on a day-to-day, quarter-to-quarter basis
- Refine critical thinking capabilities
- Strengthen database management and migration skills
- Understand how to communicate with other parts of a business not directly aligned to the work/project, but needed to complete the work
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and un understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.