Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Engineering, IT
Job Number: BD-1005
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Director, Engineering
Zayo’s Engineering Design team consists of highly motivated technical professionals who are responsible for all IP solutions implemented on Zayo’s Tier 1 international network. The team lives in a dynamic, fast paced, customer focused environment. Team members are self-motivated individuals who strive to exceed both group level and company level objectives and goals.
Ideal candidates will possess working knowledge of Layer 1-3 networks including STP, fiber, optics, CAT5/CAT6, VLANS, MPLS/VPLS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS. Troubleshooting experience in a NOC environment or customer support role is a plus.
- Design: Circuit Designer is responsible for managing and completing engineering tasks as assigned in a timely manner. This position will focus new service engineering projects. As the engineer learns the new service role and increases productivity, additional opportunities to work on infrastructure engineering projects will be available.
- Project Management: Circuit Designer will be expected to communicate with multiple groups and organizations. Communication also includes proper and complete task management within the internal Zayo workflow system.
- Network Documentation: Circuit Designer will be responsible for creating and updating documentation and drawings. Candidate should have strong MS Visio and written skills.
- 5-7 years industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- Understanding and experience of layer 2/3 network protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.