Circuit Designer – ISP
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: MR-1133
Circuit Designer – ISP
Reports To: ISP Design Manager
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Circuit Designer responsible to model ISP CFA and cross connects in Zayo’s inventory databases based on engineering specifications. Works closely with Engineering to ensure proper equipment records are being developed and the inventory database is reflecting an accurate record of the deployed network. The position is responsible for modeling all 3rd party panels, CFA, risers, cross-connect adds, changes and decommissions.
- Creating circuit, CFA, riser, cross-connect facility records for Zayo’s ISP team.
- Primarily creating designs based on Engineering design criteria.
- Proficient/expert in Metasolv/M6 application
- In-depth knowledge of telecommunications standards and protocols.
- High-level understanding of telecom network configuration and interworking.
- Ability to initiate and comprehend complex designs and arrange detailed information in a logical format.
- Competency in navigating various database applications and MS software applications such as Excel, Visio, and Word.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively, while maintaining a precise attention to detail in an interrupted work environment.
- Self-initiated to gain the knowledge necessary to perform job duties at a high level in a technically changing environment.
- Solution oriented analytical problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to drive towards a goal and do what it takes to get a job done, which may include off-hours and weekend work.
- Limited to no travel required.
- Associates degree in Telecommunications or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years in a telecommunications circuit design role that encompassed all aspects of circuit design from order acceptance to published CLR for all types of circuits.
- Hands-on knowledge of telecommunications equipment configuration.
- Experience with SalesForce and Metasolv database applications.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.