Circuit Designer II/III (Temporary Assignment)-Allstream
Location: Vancouver,WA     Department: Service Delivery
Job Number: AL 131
Allstream is hiring a Temporary Circuit Designer II/III in Vancouver, WA.
Circuit Design position is responsible for performing relatively simple to complex and diverse circuit design activities. Responsible for managing the network design assignments, reject resolution, and is responsible to effectively communicate with internal Service Delivery personnel on the progress of the order fulfillment.
(These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Responsible for design planning, record creation and order fulfillment of Integra’s products throughout all Market Areas with a primary focus on design of Integra’s Growth products.
- Work with Service Activation Technicians when issues arise during pre-build and customer turn up activities.
- Circuit Designer have limited involvement in the Project Management for complex customer orders.
- Circuit Designers design complex circuits to interface with other carriers. Implement design circuits for the core of the network
- Circuit Designer provides direction in the circuit design function of the Engineering Department for order for transport and facilities required to meet identified requirements.
- Reviews orders for technical correctness and clarifies any design related items back to the Project Manager.
- Maintains specific customer commitments and deadlines in the Integra Customer Care (ICC) database. Provides the customer status updates on the order and installation schedule. Maintains specific customer commitments and deadlines in the Customer Care database.
- Correct and update orders as necessary. Tracks assigned orders to ensure they are being coordinated in timely manner.
- May participates in the development and implementation of circuit provisioning standards and procedures.
- Provides support to field operations to resolve complex circuit provisioning problems; reviews and verifies complex technical data in an effort to resolve service or order issues.
- Tracks the installation of circuits to ensure orders are completed within established guidelines. Updates and corrects orders when necessary.
- Exercises interpersonal skills in working with both internal and external customers.
- Performs other related duties or projects as assigned.
- Manage workload to identify critical issues and prioritize those items that must be completed
- Work around obstacles and roadblocks within carriers to obtain the priority required by Allstream to meet required due dates. Show initiative in getting work done.
- Participate in operations-related projects, as needed.
- Support manager during customer escalations
- Perform other miscellaneous duties, including staying abreast of technology and network solutions and cross training when needed.
Works under general supervision both individually and within a team environment. Work is often complex, requiring logical application of knowledge and experience. No direct supervisory responsibility. Performs work in a semi-structured environment. This position may have a significant impact on short and long-term customer satisfaction and a direct impact on future revenues.
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent education, training and/or experience.
- 2-6 years telecommunications and/or data networking experience; 2 + years circuit provisioning preferred
- Requires the ability to meet inflexible deadlines; perform non-predictive multiple tasks; and handle customer conflict to a successful resolution.
- Computer skills including experience using spreadsheet, word-processing database programs and typing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of routers and other data hardware. Advanced knowledge of Data Networking and telecommunications, including understanding of basic bandwidth and services: DSO, DSL, T1, SONET, Ethernet, DWDM, TCP/IP.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act)
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, periodically bending and twisting and frequently applying a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of from 1-10 pounds. Requires somewhat frequent keyboarding work. Close detail work requiring visual acuity. Must be able to perform primarily sedentary work.
Experience using Microsoft Office programs and project management software. Able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion in controlled situations. Deal with some abstract but mostly concrete variables.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
ALLSTREAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.