Chief Technology Officer
Location: Denver,CO     Department: IT
Job Number: MR-1050
Chief Technology Officer
Reports To: SVP, zColo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of zColo. The CTO will work with Executive Management to grow the company through the use of technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, the CTO will direct all employees in the IT and Network departments to attain zColo’s strategic goals.
- Establish the zColo’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the zColo’s technological development.
- Directs the zColo’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the zColo’s culture, mission and values.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Plans and recommends changes to the technology infrastructure of operating systems, components and configuration. Controls costs for the specific responsible areas. Prepares cost estimates for projects, reflecting appropriate equipment and staff requirements.
- Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of Tranzact services
- Developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Travel Required (when applicable)
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders, and other senior management throughout Zayo
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to align multiple strategies and ideas
- Confident in producing and presenting work
- In-depth understanding of the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field; Master’s degree in information technology or a technology-related discipline preferred
- Strict adherence to company philosophy/mission statement/compliance
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.