Chief Financial Officer-Allstream
Location: Toronto, ON CAD or Vancouver, WA USA,     Department: Accounting, Finance
Job Number: AL 134
Allstream is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to oversee its financial operations and to provider leadership to the organization.
Over 50,000 North American businesses depend on Allstream everyday for Voice and Internet services. The company generates over $400M USD in revenue and employs 700 people in Canada and the United States.
Our customers benefit from innovative cloud-based solutions, using technology designed by our experts, which enable rich collaboration and make it easy to communicate.
The CFO will be responsible for all aspects of financial operations including planning, analysis, accounting, treasury and corporate administration. The CFO will be a member of the Senior Leadership team and will be expected to drive business results.
Success in this role will be measured by the extent to which Allstream achieves its business objectives including revenue trajectory and cash generation. Consistent, reliable and accurate financial information is expected.
This position reports to the President of Allstream and will be located primarily in the company’s Toronto, ON CAD office or the Vancouver, WA USA office.
- Leadership and development of the Allstream Finance team, including:
- Engaging the team in Allstream’s Vision and strategic plan
- Actively charting the course forward for the financial team, located in both Toronto, ON and Vancouver, WA., through oversight, providing direction, coaching and by implementing effective procedures.
- Enable the finance team to deliver accurate results in an efficient and timely manner to ensure sound business decisions and compliant reporting.
- Act as business partner to the President and Senior Leadership team
- Drive and communicate Allstream’s business strategy and results to internal and external stakeholders including employees, investors and analysts.
- Maintain a financial forecast with detailed plans for 4 forward quarters and 2 additional years. Provide timely measurement against the forecast and continually revise as required.
- Oversee preparation of relevant financial information and results to be used to operate the business and comply with reporting requirements.
- Manage and control the organization’s financial processes, making the necessary changes to enhance and improve processes, policies, or procedures.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, the preparation of financial reports, and ensuring proper financial controls are in place and functioning properly and are in accordance with all legal, accounting, regulatory, and the ethics codes of the company.
- Accountable for enabling the efficient and effective governance of significant risks and related opportunities.
- Ensure that the Finance team reviews monthly performance to provide insight and engage with the business in driving necessary changes.
- Establish financial strategic vision, objectives, policies and procedures in support of the overall strategic plan.
- Continually identify and implement efficiency improvement initiatives across the organization.
Ideal Capabilities, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Financial designation, CPA preferred
- Minimum 10-plus years of relevant experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Demonstrated business acumen and decisiveness
- High level of competency in the following areas: business insight, management, communication, relationship building/management, influencing and teamwork
- Experience managing a geographically diverse organization
- Experience overseeing finances for an organization with multi-jurisdictional reporting
- Information technology and/or telecommunications experience preferred, but not required
- An entrepreneurial “own it” disposition
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.