Channel Sales Manager-Allstream Canada
Location: Toronto,ON     Department: Sales
Job Number: AL124
Allstream is hiring a Channel Sales Manager in Toronto, ON.
The Channel Sales Manager, Canada is accountable for leading and coaching the Allstream Alliance Channel in Canada and working with customers as part of an acquisition and account management sales strategy. Focus on meeting revenue and margin booking targets for Allstream’s Cloud based voice products. This position is responsible for all sales and marketing (e.g. self-generated webinars, newsletters etc.), related sales activities of this team with a key focus on developing and implementing creative solutions in a competitive environment.
- Responsible for interfacing with assigned Alliance Partners for the purpose of maintaining the business relationship and achieving the budgeted sales volumes. Continually educate Alliance Partners on Allstream products and services.
- Responsible for Alliance sales volumes (quota) on a monthly basis. Manages the defined revenue and volume objectives for each partner and communicates status to senior management.
- Works with senior management to ensure effective implementation of the strategies and tactics designed to obtain Company goals and objectives. Monitors key sales operational tactics as defined by senior management.
- Contributes to the budgeting, reforecasting and annual planning process to assure sufficient resources are available to meet outlined objectives.
- Gathers and distributes industry information to ensure employees are aware of current industry trends.
- Gathers and forwards competitive information to ensure senior management is aware of current market trends.
- Establishes and manages prospecting activities and tracking systems.
- Act as a point of contact for Alliance Partners questions and concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by senior management.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Manage a team of 5-10 Partners and Sub-Partners. Responsible for ensuring assigned partners generate annual revenue goals through the sale of Allstream focused products and services. Failure to effectively manage the assigned Partners can directly impact the company in both the short and long-term. This is a complex position requiring effective sales management skills. Frequent internal contact with all levels of employees and frequent external contact with all levels of employees of new and existing customers.
Bachelors degree in Business or a related field, or the equivalent in training and experience. Substantial experience (5+ years) in professional sales and marketing, specifically selling technical services, indicating an ability to prospect new accounts and manage existing accounts. Demonstrated experience managing employees, specifically within the sales function. Knowledge of the Unified Communications industry through direct or indirect work experience. Demonstrated knowledge of voice and data products. Ability to support a team of sales professionals who are making sales presentations to small and large sized groups. Strong analytical, time management, problem solving, prioritization and planning skills. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Computer skills, including spreadsheets, presentation and word processing programs. Ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.