Carrier Relations Manager
Location: Denver or Boulder,CO     Department: Business Analyst, Finance
Job Number: MR-1149
Carrier Relations Manager
Denver or Boulder, CO
Reports To: Director, Carrier Relations
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is accountable for a broad scope of functional areas within Zayo in developing strategies and tactics to maximize and manage the value received for a $233 million (plus) expenditure with the ILECs, CAPs, CLECs, and independent telephone companies (Access Providers). This involves developing, establishing and maintaining of effective supplier/partner working business relationships through the negotiation of Services Agreements/Service Schedules/Service Level Agreements that allow Zayo to utilize the supplier’s own footprint and full suite of competitively priced services that provide synergies within our portfolio.
- Manage contracts, MSAs, NDAs, SLAs, carrier performance KPIs with global telecom carriers
- Develop new carrier relationships as required and enrich existing carrier relationships
- Handle carrier escalations related to service delivery, operations, and billing disputes
- Work with Sales Engineering and Sales to ensure proper understanding of requirements and technical feasibility of solutions supporting customer opportunities
- Create and manage vendor relationships; catalog vendor product offerings and maintain current contact/ escalation information, disperse departmentally
- Tracking and reporting of quote volumes and quote to order conversion rates
- File, track and report on outage credit reimbursement process and manage monthly vendor operational status calls
- Support company cost-saving goals by reducing third party costs;
- Travel as required to meet vendors and partners across the globe
- Prior experience of 1-3 years in the telecommunications industry preferred. Experience with financial analysis is helpful. Three (3) years’ experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage internal and external customer expectations.
- Good technical aptitude.
- Proven ability to work accurately and have attention to detail.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work with deadlines, and under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, outgoing and positive, and to exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- The ability to act independently yet in alignment with department and firm goals to achieve optimal outcomes for a range of stakeholders (sales, finance, customer, vendor, network engineering & operations)
- Strong administrative, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and implement effectively
- Detail oriented and excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates mutual acceptance and respect of all co-workers.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in price negotiations and contract management
- Knowledge of global market price points
- Desire to understand process, identify improvements and implement change
- Develop an aptitude with Salesforce, reports, and dashboards.
- Experience with billing a plus, not required.
- Knowledge of: Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel, Google Sheets); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook and Gmail); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.