Location: Denver,CO     Department: Business Analyst
Job Number: MR-1069
Reports To: zColo VP Operations
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Business Analyst studies the overall business and information needs of the organization, in order to gather proper requirements and develop solutions for business process, system and related technology problems. Responsible to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the project stakeholders, including Zayo Business Groups. Serve as the conduit between the Business Partner community and the product owners/product solution managers as well as the application developers through which requirements flow. Manage project/system requirements through full life cycle to completion and maintain ongoing information flow into maintenance mode and production support as needed. Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of system investments.
- Understanding and Designing Solutions
- Build strong relationships within zColo, understanding existing business processes in order to make process and system-related recommendations using best practices for changes to improve operational effectiveness and provide cost savings.
- Work with zColo team to identify, analyze, document, and design functional solutions to address business needs. Provide options and recommendations that balance business and user needs as well as resource availability.
- Managing and Implementing Solutions
- Understand and communicate current and planned work status for the intended audience with appropriate level of details in a consistent and accurate manner.
- Manage work to meet commitments. Involvement in prioritization of work, escalation of issues, and development of contingency plans. Facilitate meetings/work sessions.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Develop and implement reports and metrics to support operational goals, initiatives, and objectives.
- Communicate and drive monthly operational report/metrics reviews with a focus on improving and promoting quality as demonstrated by accuracy and thoroughness of analysis/reports.
- Create Process and Training documentation as it relates to zColo needs with the ability to train large audiences on new processes
- Project Manage multiple projects and deliverables at once.
- Education, training and or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience effectively gathering solution requirements through interviewing, observing, listening, facilitating design sessions and demonstrating analytical skills
- Experience communicating information, both verbally and in writing, in simple, clear, unambiguous and concise language; understandable to a wide audience with broad technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Experience in analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Experience and ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations
- Experience in / knowledge of telecommunications industry through direct or indirect work experience.
- Salesforce environment knowledge
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools including MS Visio
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.