Business Analyst – Effortless Development
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Business Analyst
Job Number: MR-1078
Business Analyst – Effortless Development
Reports To: Project Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Business Analyst –Effortless Development position will focus on Tranzact development and is responsible for researching, designing, and refining the policies, processes, and systems that ensures an effortless development experience and set or adhere to standards for best practices. In this role, the Business Analyst will gain a deep understanding of product and functional group business process at an accelerated pace and take responsibility for teaching self and asking thoughtful questions of management. Will work with Project Manager to understand roadmap, priorities, design, and implementation strategies of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The Business Analyst will operate as main point of contact with stakeholders and requestors to identify requirements, dependencies, and timelines between technical and business teams. Works closely with Project Manager, QA/Production Support and Developers to ensure teams are contributing to the Tranzact roadmap and making data-driven decisions to positively support the business and drive revenue growth.
- Evaluate Tranzact impacting projects ensuring every project adheres to the below requirements:
- Project priority is clearly understood and reflected at all times
- Business and technical requirements are clearly and completely identified and reviewed with stakeholders prior to request for IT development team to engage.
- User Interface wireframes and mockups are included in design (where applicable)
- Process flowcharts are included with requests for new process or changes to existing (where applicable)
- User Acceptance testing plan created and attached prior to beginning UAT phase of project
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Define development processes in line with effortless / agile / lean methodologies
- Track and communicate status of business initiative projects to management.
- Apply advanced analytical methods to proactively identify improvements.
- Ensure a coherent knowledge database of training and process documentation is properly built and maintained.
- Establish new processes in line with business requirements and Tranzact roadmap
- Assist in making business decisions relating to system implementation, modification, maintenance, etc.
- Creation and maintenance of reports/dashboard/data/metrics used to measure and ensure success
- Understand team ecosystem, projects, and workload to define appropriate prioritization of tasks
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University
- 2-5 years process development experience
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- High level of Salesforce knowledge, including but not limited to object design and reporting structures.
- Microsoft Office platform including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in GitLab
- Comfortable with understanding and applying material conditional logic
- Capable of independently solving logic based problems
- Strong desire for teamwork and working in group settings
- Capacity to work on multiple projects and meet various deadlines
- Aptitude for learning new/different processes within the company to better understand other data architectures and workflows
- Attention to detail and a basic understanding of aesthetics is essential
- A general understanding of telecom is preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.